Friday, July 22, 2011

There is no winning with me today. . .

I'll admit it, I'm in a pissy mood!  First, I want to acknowledge that my life could be worse and that there are others who do have it worse than I.  However, I am allowed to feel pissy and grumpy on occasion without feeling guilty because I do have it better than some.

The weather here has been unrelenting.  The heat is just ridiculous, it's so hot out that it never even really cools down at night.  I wake up at 6 am and going outside then, the humidity just takes your breath away!  Needless to say, we've been running the AC non-stop and fans around the house to help keep it cool.  We live in a brick house and with no shading directly in the front, around 2 pm it's like living in a brick oven.  So, I'm uncomfortable with the heat AND paranoid about the electric bill.

I'm cranky too because I haven't been sleeping well.  Heat of course doesn't make for a restful sleep, but our children like to wake periodically through the night so that we are never given a break from them!  Seriously, I'm really starting to think this is part of an elaborate plan to take us out.  Generally for the kids, bed time is around 8 pm.  They're usually asleep by 9 and it's guaranteed one will wake up for something by 10, 11 if we're lucky.  Sam will wake up itching due to his eczema or Carter will wake because of Autism's notorious effects on sleep habits and then of course Lily will wake if she hears anything going on.  Once everyone is settled and back to sleep, Husband and I try to catch a few z's.  I wake up on and off through out the night in various positions because one at a time each child has made their way into our bed.  We've been working on this problem for almost 2 years now and have made NO progress at all.  We're about to start taking more drastic measures though, because I can't take it anymore.  I need sleep and I need comfortable sleep without being kicked in the face or waking up with a butt in my face.  Let's hope it works out because I don't want to be grumpy all the time anymore!

Hot weather, lack of sleep and (drum roll please) Hillbilly gawkers!  Yes, Hillbilly Gawkers.  Around here it's perfectly normal to  be stared at, no matter what you're doing or where you're doing it.  I don't mean just stared at either, absolute blatant, mouth wide open staring, that's what I'm talking about.  There is a large population of people around here who put their lawn chairs or park their vehicles up on the town square to just sit and stare at people driving through.  (I'm dead serious)  So. . when I go out in town, I'm quite used to being gawked at, because that's just what everyone does. . but, when I take my children to the grocery store with me, it turns into a whole other story.  .  I think my status on Facebook sums it all up for me:

Just wanted to say that I am on the verge of a breakdown. . so, be warned. The next person who grumbles, stares, makes a comment, laughs or even looks at me funny while I'm shopping with my child-who has Autism-and is having a meltdown, trust me. . you will feel my wrath and you'll regret it. Thank you.

Yes, I'm in a pissy mood and I'm allowed to be. .  let's hope tomorrow is better!

1 comment: