Sunday, July 17, 2011

Amish Adventures!

There are some days that I really dislike living in this area and I hope that one day we'll  be moving to an area we are more suited to.  One thing I will miss terribly though, the local Amish and Mennonite community.


I enjoy driving out to the 'country' and buying fresh produce from their little markets and lemme tell ya they have the BEST tomatoes and peaches and cream corn.  My summer time favorite, country fried corn!  They charge a fair price and it's nice to know I'm not supporting a controlling corporation!  They also sell some of their amazing crafts, handmade furniture, soaps and toys.  Fresh herbs, pasta, canned sauces, jellies and honey.  I know I'm starting to sound like an advertisement, but it's just really neat to me.

One thing I won't miss. . getting behind one of their buggies on the road!  With these narrow country roads, it's kind of dangerous sometimes. . .
The little girls all playing outside of the general store


These last two pictures are a couple of the rugs in the craft store, made from plastic shopping bags, I posted these just for you Tammie

My little advertisement is done now. . . I'm off to enjoy another sweltering summer day with the kiddos. . Stay cool everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment