Monday, July 11, 2011

Let's Go To The Movies!

Other than it being 113 degrees here today (that is with the heat index) there really isn't anything going on.  It's too hot to do anything other than lay around and soak up the air conditioning.  When I saw this, I thought I'd steal it too!  Thanks, Tammie.
Name a movie you have seen more than ten times: Jeepers Creepers, Sleepless in Seattle, Serendipity
Name a movie you have seen multiple times in the cinema: Jeepers Creepers, The Exorcist

Name an actor that would make you more inclined to see a film: Ben Affleck, John Cusack

Name an actor that would make you less likely to see a film: Ashton Kutcher

Name a film that you can and do quote from: Sleepless in Seattle

Name a musical that you know all of the songs and lyrics to: Mary Poppins

Name a film that you would recommend everyone see: Oh my, there are so many movies I recommend to friends, but I know their tastes.

Ever walked out on a film: No, almost walked out on The Hours, my best friend and I went late one evening and she was bored with it immediately and we started to leave, but I wanted to give it a chance.  She fell asleep and I ended up enjoying it actually.

Name a film that made you cry: Oh, I cry at lots of movies.  Sleepless in Seattle, Bounce, The Notebook. . I can't really think of anymore, but I know I have just sobbed at some movies.  Erin Brokovich. .  I think that got to me because of the truth behind the story!
.

Popcorn? Nah.  Raisinets or M&M's

How often do you go to the cinema? Ha!!  I went all the time as a teenager, then I saw Elf with my boyfriend (at the time) now Husband in 2003 and then I didn't enter a cinema again until a few weeks ago when I took my middle child to see Cars 2!  How sad huh?  It's fun once in a while, but I prefer being in my pj's with a good blanket and the ability to pause for pee breaks here at home.

What's your favorite film genre?  Dramedy. . that's a genre right? 

What's the first film you remember seeing at the cinema? The Exorcist, when it was re-released in theatres.

What film do you wish you had never seen?  I want to second the statement made by Tammie in her response to this question.  I haven't seen The Human Centipede, but a friend has and he is a true horror film fan and this movie terrified and disturbed him!!  Just looking at the movie poster is sickening enough!  Another one though, House of 1000 Corpses. . absolutely horrible!!!

If you could be any character portrayed in a movie, who would it be? Oh, I have no idea. . . I'll take any strong, brave, confident and skinny bitch there is!  Ha!

Total number of films you own on dvd: Most of the movies we have are Disney Pixar films or children's movies.  I do have the Twilight films available and a few random movies I've picked up here and there. 

Last film you bought: Martian Child . . It was in the bargain bin and I've always wanted to check it out, still haven't had a chance to watch it though!

Last film you watched: Cars 2. . The tow-mater character is pretty irritating, but I think the message in this movie was nice for kids.  Not to mention, my little guy smiled ear to ear through the entire movie.

Took this right before the movie started, see that smile?  Already starting before the movie started!

Five films that mean a lot to you: Movies are fine in the moment, but none really hang in there with me.  Books are where that's at. . I have a lot of books that have touched me and mean a great deal to me.

As a reward for reading my insignificant answers, I found a little journal I've had for some years and for a short while taped all of my movie ticket stubs to it. .


2 comments:

  1. ha! The Hours. I havent see it but everytime i think about it I think of what Liz Lemon from 30 Rock said while she was watching it: "The Hours? More like The Weeks!"

    and im glad im not the only disturbed by the human centipede.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! i just have to tell you that my word verification was 'TERDING'!!!!! considering what the human centipede was about.....very appropriate word verification. well played Goole, well played indeed.

    ReplyDelete