Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Hello Again!

I realize I have been absent from this blog more than I've been here.  I went through a bit of a funk and there were days I didn't want to think about my life and things going on in it, let alone write about it.  I've been thinking about it everyday, trying to work myself up into writing about anything, something. .  but sitting on the couch in my pj's eating chocolate was more amusing to me and so, I apologize for the neglect.

I plan to be more present in my blogging as time goes.  My goal for the coming new year is to post at least twice a month!  I don't want to put too much pressure on myself here, Ha!  I have lots of thoughts and opinions that need expressing in a positive outlet so I think it'll be good for me to get in a routine.  I LOVE reading so many other blogs and I can only hope that eventually, some will enjoy reading mine as well.

For now though, we're all doing well.  Gearing up for the big Christmas holiday and all the mess and stress that comes with it!  I'll leave you with a 'note' I posted recently to my facebook page, just a tiny rant. .  I suppose a preview of sorts of the things I might end up posting here once I FINALLY commit myself to doing it.  Much props to those who blog frequently and provide reading enjoyment for myself and others!

There are a lot of things irritating me lately (those who know me are not shocked by this, ha!). One thing that has just really bothered me for a while now is the Special Needs Adoption Program. . well, NOT the program itself, but their website. First, a disclaimer, I am not putting any of my children up for adoption or adopting a child. I just happened upon this site when searching for information. There is a link provided on the site where one can view photos and a quick bio of a special needs child who is available for adoption. Now, go back and read that last sentence again, please. Sound familiar? It reminds me a lot of the animal shelters and petfinder websites. It kind of sickens me. Is there a site like this for non-special needs children who are available for adoption? Not to my knowledge. Why is it acceptable for a special needs child to be advertised in the same manner as a dog,cat or other animal but apparently not so for a child is not special needs?! I understand these children, all children need a good, loving, stable home. But, is this really the way to go about it? I just can't stand the idea of someone looking through the list of these children and "picking" one in the same manner some people select their new pet. Yuck.

1 comment:

  1. there is definitely something a little icky about that.

    ReplyDelete