Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Children, Children, Children

My children never cease to amaze me with their weirdness. . I mean, really.  I have 3 very unique children.  Carter who is 6, Sam who is 4 and Lily who is 2.  Carter has Autism, Sam has Severe Eczema, Asthma and a number of food/environmental allergies. . these conditions are NOT weird of course, but it does leave them predisposed to some uniqueness that can be mind boggling at times!  Lily so far as gone unscathed and seems to be developing normally in all areas, however, she's a weird little girl!  I can make these statements because I'm their Mother. . . if anyone else were to make these comments, well it wouldn't be pretty. . .so back to my weird children. . .


Sam has been sucking on a sock all morning, anytime I take it from him, he finds another and so on. . not sure what that's about and a couple of times they've been dirty socks. . YUCK!!


Carter joining in on the yuckiness has been shoving his fingers in his mouth when he eats, sort of stirring the food around?  This has gone on for a few days and it's pretty disgusting.  He offers no explanation for this behavior and I can't seem to figure it out either.  I hope it ends soon.  He's also been begging me for Hamburgers and then only eating the bun.  I've tried to explain just to ask for a Hamburger Bun, but he says No.  He has to have the meat on it, to pick it off, to eat just the bun.  This is a child who at 6 years old (7 in September) only weighs 39 lbs.  I suppose I'll do whatever he requests as long as he's eating!  Oy vey!  The challenges of Autism. . that's a whole other post.


My weirdness today (C'mon they come by it honest)  I'm suffering from Acute Laryngitis, a Sinus Infection and raging PMS.  Every time I have to call at the children, I cough and every time I cough, I pee my pants a little. . so hey, at least we're all in this together. . .

1 comment:

  1. i'm suffering just as you are. i have a cold, some hives from my allergies, and my period is supposed to be here, but only stayed a day and then took off. i told my husband that i was in such a BAD mood from job hunting that i literally scared my period away!

    ReplyDelete